Thursday, October 11, 2012

God is So AWESOME

As Fall approached and arrived in the past month, I caught "Fall fever." I love Fall and especially Fall decorations! The pumpkins, the leaves, the cornstalks, and scarecrows are all so fun and festive! I love that they represent cooler weather and the start of a new school year. Everything about it is great!

Since Fall has become my new favorite season, I've been yearning for some Fall decorations. Nothing crazy, just a simple pumpkin or pretty Fall wreath. I would love to completely deck out our condo with all things Fall, but since I stay home with my little man, our budget won't allow it (I'm not complaining here, I wouldn't trade anything for getting to stay home with my baby, it's just a fact). 

My son and I have been out and about over the past few weeks and I've wanted to buy a cute pumpkin decoration or something to place in the condo to represent Fall, but when I think about what to purchase with the extra spending money we do have, a pumpkin decoration doesn't seem important. I guess I'd rather spend my money on something more significant. Thus, I haven't bought any Fall decorations.

Ok, so I'm about to get a little off topic here, but I promise I'm going to make a connection. 

The other day, Caleb and I drove to the library. We do this once a week or so to get a new set of books to read before nap time and bedtime (Caleb loves books!). On the way, I saw this big Mega Bloks firetruck sitting out by someone's curb. There were quite a few toys and things sitting out on the curb that were clearly being thrown away. I noticed the firetruck because it was bright red and looked brand new. 

I drove past slowly at first and thought about whether or not I should grab it. It was drizzling out and I didn't want to get wet, but that firetruck was screaming my name! I turned around and drove past it again. And then I turned around again and drove past it one more time. It's bright red color and awesome stickers sucked me in, so I got out of the car, grabbed the truck and threw it in the trunk. 

After I closed the trunk, I forgot about the firetruck and focused on getting to the library. We spent about an hour at the library (we met a friend), and then headed out to get a potty and some onsies for Caleb. At the store, we saw another big Mega Bloks truck. This one was a little different from the firetruck we picked up, but similar in size. The truck in the store was a dump truck and was different colors. Caleb saw it and decided it would be a great idea to push it around the store (that means he liked it). I looked at the price and thought, "Gosh, I would love to buy this for him, but I don't want to spend the money, especially because he has so many trucks already. Uhhh, God, what do I do?"

Then, God reminded me of the firetruck I just picked up. DUH! I had completely forgotten about it! I didn't need to buy the one in the store. I already had one and it was FREE!! 

God knew I would want that truck before I even knew I wanted it. And no, I don't think that was a coincidence. I believe that because.....

Inside the firetruck were other items the people who were throwing it out stuck in there. One thing was a baseball (of no use to me) and the other things were two pumpkin votive holders perfect for our condo. :)

God is so awesome. :) Sometimes I forget that cares about the simplest things. :)

#IServeTheBestGodEver


No comments:

Post a Comment