Saturday, July 27, 2013

Meeting With Jesus In My Dreams

Whenever I really 'buckle down' and get back on track with Jesus (i.e read more, pray more, worship more) I always end up having these crazy dreams about Jesus. Some of them make total sense and some are just kind of random. Last night I had one of those random dreams.

It saddens me to say that I haven't had a dream where I met with Jesus in awhile. That's because I've been really slacking. I've been so caught up in feeling so terrible with my pregnancy that I couldn't focus on anything else. But after a few good books and a deep conversation with my husband, I was encouraged to get back on track. I've started reading every day, praying more, and making it a point to listen to worship music.

This is the dream I had only after a few days of spending time with Jesus:

There were people, prisoners, pacing around to the right of me. I don't know why there were prisoners or why they were being forced to walk while all shackled together, but they were. In front of me was a line of people waiting to meet with Jesus. When I looked to the front of the line, I saw Jesus. He was glowing, like REALLY glowing. Everything was bright and white around him. I started crying hysterically. No one else in line was crying (except for one girl I didn't know). It was like they couldn't see him, but they all knew He was there. It was weird.

I remember getting in the back of the line and thinking I was glad I was in the back because then no one would see me crying. I waited to see Jesus as others went before me. Then, all of sudden Jesus walked over to the prisoners. People were still moving forward in the line to pray to Jesus. He was still there, facing the front of the line, but physically He was with the prisoners (well kind of like physically). I blinked and I saw Him walking in the midst of the prisoners. They couldn't see Him though, but I saw him (He was transparent). I remember thinking one of the prisoners must have been a Christian and must have been praying and Jesus was going over there to be with that person (or people).

I got to the front of the line while Jesus was still with the prisoners and I remember being happy about that because the overwhelming feeling I was experiencing just standing in His presence at the front of the line was so intense, my knees buckled. I couldn't stand. I knew I couldn't handle Him standing next to me. It would have been too much.

There was a woman I knew (in real life) who was there and she held my hand and she prayed for me. I remember thinking in my dream that I needed to think of a need I had to ask for prayer for, but Jesus' presence was so intense, I couldn't even think and I could barely talk. All I could say was, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus," over and over again. I was crying hysterically.

God's presence was the most intense I ever felt in my life. It was very real even though I was dreaming. It was just so intense, but it was the most AMAZING feeling in the world, like all was right with my life. It was like experiencing perfection in spiritual form. There is definitely nothing on this Earth that can make me feel like that. It was intense, but perfect and amazing.

When I was finally able to open my eyes, Jesus was standing right next to me...and He was smiling....

After that I woke up. I had such an amazing peace at that point. It was awesome. Like everything was perfect...

Now that I think about it, my dream wasn't random at all. It was intended by God, to show me He's still there, He's happy I noticed Him again and to remind me that He's always there even when we can't see Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment