Thursday, May 24, 2018

Can it really be?

Memorial Day weekend has officially (unofficially) started. My husband decided to take off tomorrow (the Friday before Memorial Day) after a long three weeks of standardized testing and we decided to keep my oldest home since it's going to be an awesome beach day. Tomorrow we'll all head to the beach for a family beach day! I'm looking forward to it.

I can't believe there are only 18 more days of school left! Only three full weeks left and summer is here! I remember last year being so ready for summer and being super emotional about how my son was graduating kindergarten. I feel a little different this year. I'm still so ready for summer, but I am not as emotional about my son graduating first grade. In fact, I am so extremely happy about it. This year was tough and we are all ready for it to be over.

The past few weeks have been bombarded with baseball games, birthday parties, BBQs, and lots of play time outside. It's been awesome! Finally the warmer weather is here and we are loving it! The boys are ready for summer and my oldest is ready to be done with school work.

While I am so excited for summer and don't seem to be emotional about having an almost second grader, I am emotional about my middle guy heading to kindergarten in September. All year I wanted to put him in pre-school, but it kept not working out. And I'm thankful it didn't. Our family was plagued with so much sickness that it would have been a waste of money since my kids were sick every other week. But now I'm glad it didn't work out because I would have missed him. And as much as I wanted him to go to school, now I'm dreading it.

My middle guy is definitely ready. He's been wanting to go to school since he's watched his brother go for two years. He has his backpack and lunch box and he is so ready. If I told him he could go to school tomorrow, he'd pack up his favorite stuffed Mickey, some snacks, and head off to school like a big man. I'm not ready for him to leave me. I'm not ready to only have one home. Oh it'll be weird. Oh my heart will ache. Oh September, come slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment