Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lesnar vs. Obama

Excuse me for keeping this short and to the point, but I spent a lot of time blogging yesterday and I just don't have that kind of time every day. Forgive me if this doesn't make sense because I am trying to make it quick.

Ever since I made a vow to become spiritually and physically 'healthy,' I've felt attacked. I can't get into details because it's deep, but it's certainly real. Anyway, yesterday as I was reading in Mark chapter 3, my bible had a very LONG foot note about the important emphasis on a lot of Jesus' life being spent casting out demons. It is a very real thing that Satan has a lot of leeway here on earth. Just as God can affect our actions, Satan can do the same, as well as afflicting us in different areas of our lives. The foot note discusses the power and authority we have over Satan and every evil work, just like Jesus did when He was here on earth. I know this is something we all know, but sometimes we forget (i know i forgot).

We must be confident (and I am talking to myself) in our power over Satan. We must truly believe that a simple utterance of Jesus' name causes Satan to flee from us. We have to be confident in that. We have to fight him with confidence and remind ourselves we are better and stronger than him because we have Jesus, the ultimate fighter (think Brock Lesnar against..oh I dont know...Obama..).

We've got the power people...don't forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment