Tuesday, February 14, 2012

That's how I feel about you.....

A few weeks ago, I went outside for a run. I don't like running in the cold, so I have been mainly sticking to the treadmill, but it was an unusually warm January day, so I figured I'd take advantage of it. After all, I prefer running outside instead of running on the treadmill. It's so much more refreshing. Anyway, as I was running, I was 'talking' with God. As I was 'talking' I told God I was brokenhearted for my son who had been sick for a few weeks. He had a really bad cough (so bad, at times, he couldn't catch his breath) and for the past few days he had a fever. I told God that I would gladly take his sickness. I asked God to take the cough from my son and give it to me. I couldn't bare to hear my son cough anymore. It broke my heart.
Then, God showed me something (as He often does...using my son as an example of His love for us). He showed me that He feels the same way about me as I do about my son. He loves us so much that He ALREADY took our illnesses away. He ALREADY healed us.

This is something I always knew, but I have a new perspective now that I have my own child. For me, having a child is the ultimate example of God's love for me. I didn't really understand it until now. I mean, I always knew God loved me, but I didn't comprehend how much. Now, I get it...and it's awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment