Tuesday, June 19, 2012

And I know, You're with me

A few weeks go we sang "Aftermath" by Hillsong at church. I was not a fan of that album, nor was I a fan of that song. It was long, boring, and I just couldn't get 'into' it.

While we were worshiping to this song and I was thinking to myself, "I can't wait til this song is over," Jesus spoke to me and said, 'listen to the words.' So, I did. The line that followed was this:

"You chose to take the sinner's crown, as you placed Your crown on me."

As you might imagine, I started crying. Those words were so powerful. Jesus gave me HIS crown so that I can live and in the process, He took mine to the grave. He died so that I could live. He's perfect, I'm not, I mess up, but He paid my debt. Why would someone so perfect do that for someone who constantly messes up? Jesus must REALLY love me. It's hard to imagine sometimes because of how imperfect I really am.

The cool thing though, is that I'm realizing God's love more and more. I love my son more than anything in the world. There are moments when I stop and think, "I love this baby so much, its just CRAZY! Wow!" and just when I think I can't love him any more, I do. I love him more and more each day. I didn't even know that was possible!

I imagine God's love is similar, although I will never fathom the depth of His love. It must be something incredible though. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment