Friday, March 1, 2013

Habakkuk 3:17

This is my all time favorite verse because it comes from one of my all time favorite songs. My mom had these  Praise Hosanna tapes when I was growing up (if you grew up in church, you probably know what I'm talking about) and there was a song on there based off this verse.

I don't know what it was about that song that I liked so much. I just connected with it for some reason. I just loved it. I knew that if I listened to that song and prayed, I'd hear God's voice. Maybe I'm weird, I don't know. I just loved that song.

And I still love that song and I still love that verse. The song is saved on my Kindle Fire because I listen to it when I run. It's comparable to the Rocky IV soundtrack. LOL It gets me pumped up I guess you could say. It gives me the strength to persevere. I know it sounds silly, but it's true for me.

And although I never knew how hard it could be to praise God in such difficult times until recently (and trust me, at times, its the last thing Ive wanted to do), this song connects with my spirit and reminds me what to do in desperate times. It gets me pumped up to persevere.


**Side note: In the midst of this storm, I've realized how simple my faith is. I thought I was stronger in Christ than I actually was, but I was wrong. I've got some work to do.

Thank you God for not giving up on me, reminding me You still love me no matter what, and that You will never leave me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNGSDQTwkUI

No comments:

Post a Comment