Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Matthew 6:26

Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?
- Matthew 6:26

That was the "word for the day." We've all heard that verse so many times. It's by no coincidence that this morning right before I read that word I was staring at our dwindling bank statement online. I looked at our balance and thought, 'ughhh, so many bills, so little money." 

Although for the first time in my entire life I have had less worry about money, handling our finances can be draining, watching money come in and then watching it go back out. However, God continues to take care of us. We have been beyond blessed. Both John and I have been offered several 'jobs' to make extra money to help with our never ending bills. 

I have no doubt in my mind that God will always take care of us and anyone else who trusts Him. We want for nothing. We have it all: food to eat, clothes to wear, TV to watch, lights to turn on, heat to keep us warm, and the list goes on. We have it all. 

Thank you Lord. And thank you for those bills, because if we didn't have those bills, then we wouldn't have all the things I just listed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment