Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Tired Mamas

Lately, life has been stressful. To sum it up, I'm simply a tired, worn out mama of two sick boys who is not feeling well herself and has a bad case of cabin fever in these dark, cold, winter days. It's during these times when my emotions get the best of me and I get stressed easily, frustrated quickly, and overwhelmed constantly.

Knowing that I cannot operate at my fullest mom potential in this state, I decided to take control. I made a promise to myself that while the kids were eating breakfast each morning, I would read a short devotional to start my day off on the right track. And by no coincidence this morning, I stumbled upon numerous "mom devotionals" about peace. How appropriate.

A few verses spoke to me and eased my nerves:

Psalm 4:8 - In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. (NIV)

Isaiah 26:3-4 - You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust You. Trust in the Lord forever for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. (NIV)

My prayer for all tired mamas today is that the Lord would impart peace to every aspect of your lives and that you would find rest in his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment