Sunday, October 27, 2019

It's Simple but Amazing

I'll forget that time when the kids were little. A relatively new family of five living on one income in a state with the highest taxes. Everything was expensive. Everything. We pinched pennies everywhere, we still do. Yet we barely made it every month. There was maybe a few extra dollars left over every month, and it usually went to food. There was never extra money left over for meals out or visits to fun places.

I remember driving past Storybook Land so many times during that time. In awe of all the lights, the rides, the Christmas decorations, and all the chatter among families walking in, I desperately wanted to take the kids. However, SBL was SO expensive and we just couldn't afford it. Food was so costly, as was our new bigger car, our house, student loan payments, etc, etc. So much money going out to pay bills and just barely enough coming in. I longed to take my kids to experience Storybook Land at Christmas time, but we really couldn't afford it.

I told God my desires, although I knew He already knew. I knew it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't take the kids, but I really wanted to. Then, it happened. About two weeks later after driving passed one day and longing to go, someone gifted us four tickets to Storybook Land, just enough for our family since our baby was still a baby and would be free. A week later we entered Storybook Land with the kids and it was as magical as I imagined.

It's things like this that remind me of the higher power working in our favor. It's things like this that remind me God cares about the little things we care about. It's things like this that remind me of how much He cares about us, the same way I care about my kids and want to give them the world.

It's a simple, but amazing reminder that there is a God up there looking out for us very perfectly orchestrating the strings of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment