Saturday, October 15, 2011

Everlasting Love and an Unending Relationship

This morning I had the chance to spend time with my Father in heaven. I was in the car rockin out to some Hillsong coming back from food shopping. I was kind of in a daze, just driving along when I stopped and listened to the words, "Jesus I want more of You." Very powerful words if you ask me. Anyway, at that moment I became grateful. I was thankful for all that God has done for me and continues to do. I was grateful for the awesome food shopping trip I just had (yes, its true). If you are the main 'food shopper' in your house, then you will know the price of food has gone up. I go food shopping once every two weeks and every time I go, it seems the prices go up. I was so very thankful that I was able to make it out of ShopRite UNDER our budget! What a blessing!
Anyway, I thanked God over and over and I continued to rock out to my Hillsong CD. I sang the words like I truly meant them. Then, God revealed to me something I always knew, but forgot. He reminded me of the of love He has for me. He reminded me how He cherishes every moment I spend with Him. He reminded me of how He gives me every bit of His attention when the world is too busy to do so. He reminded me of how excited I get when Caleb smiles at me and how God gets the same way when we look up at heaven and smile at Him and thank Him for all that He's done for us. He reminded me of His gentle spirit, how He is not forceful on us, but He sits and waits for us to come meet with Him. He loves having a relationship with us.
Just amazing...God is truly amazing. Although I have always known these things about God, I needed to be reminded today. I'm not sure why I needed to be reminded of this, but God knows me better than I know myself, so I will just meditate on what He showed me.
I thank God today for His greatness, His mercy, and His unending love. My prayer today is that I do a good job in God's eyes and that I am doing what He wants me to be doing.
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment