Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Put on the full armor of God!

As I begin writing this, I have no idea what to title it. I have several titles running through my mind, but I can't pick just one. Sometimes I write my blog, then title it (many accomplished authors do the same). I guess I will have to find some inspiration by my blog then I will title this one.
Disclaimer: this is an intense post. It might strike you as weird if you aren't used to Christian jargon or spiritual warfare. You've been warned ;)
Ok so lately life has been tough, in many aspects. Having a baby is like nothing I've ever experienced. Being married is tough at times since I've never had to care about anyone but myself. Here I am now, caring for a baby and a husband AND a house. It can get overwhelming. Not to mention the many physical, emotional, and spiritual attacks that have plagued my days. The physical and emotional attacks really don't matter in this world so I will spare the details. Besides, the spiritual attacks have been much worse and are probably the leading cause of the physical and emotional attacks.

Yes, I am talking about spiritual warfare. If you don't know what it is, check it out because its very real and it sucks. It's like fighting a battle with your thoughts (for me at least). I've heard people say that if we could see what goes on in the spirit realm, we would be VERY scared because apparently there are spiritual battles going on all around us every day. I just imagine angels and demons fighting in the sky. Could you imagine seeing that?! Good thing we can't! If you find that hard to believe just read Daniel 10:12-14. Daniel fasted for 21 days waiting for a vision from God. The reason he had to wait 21 days was because the angel that was to give him the message was fighting a spiritual battle against the demons and could not get to him. If you think that sounds nuts, you are not alone because as I write it, it's hard for me to believe, but it's true.

Anyhoo, I feel like I have been under unreal spiritual attack. I have always had issues with fear. I'm a scaredy cat and I am not afraid to admit it! LOL But seriously, I have fear issues. Most of the time, I am able to control it, but lately it has been so bad that it has been uncontrollable. Sometimes its so bad that I can literally feel the fear covering my entire body. It overwhelms my entire being. And let me tell you, it flipping sucks! Ugh, sometimes I lie awake and just wait for something bad to happen. My heart races and I just sit in fear until I talk myself out of being afraid. Of course I pray, but sometimes the fear is so bad that praying doesn't help. I ask God to help me, but I let the fear overtake my body so much, that a simple prayer doesn't help. Clearly, Satan knows this is my weakness and clearly, he uses this to mess up my day. And lately he has been using it to make me think God isn't there to help me. But, Cmon, I know better.

Where am I going with this? This morning I opened my Smith Wigglesworth devotional book (love that thing). And what is it about? Having Power over Satan! Hahahahahaha does God know what I need to hear or does God know what I need to hear?! LOL Unbelievable!

The verse that goes with it?! Ephesians 6:10-11 "Finally be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Preach.

Interestingly enough, I had this verse underlined in my bible. God must have shown this to me before, I just can't remember when or why. It doesn't matter though because He has shown it to me again for a reason. (end random thought).

What I find interesting about this verse is that it repeats itself. "Put on the full armor of God" is written twice, once in verse 11 and then again in verse 13. If you know anything about politics, to get a point across, politicians use repetition (recently, Obama was trying to get a bill passed...I think it was the latest Job Act..anyway, when he was trying to get the vote, he said 'we have to pass this bill' like 19459475 times). Clearly, Paul was trying to get a point across and that point was to put on the full armor or God. What is the full armor of God? Go read Ephesian 6! ;)

A few things Wigglesworth ends the devotional with: "If you try to join up with two things - the Lord and the devil - the devil will get you in the end. Allow Christ to be the Lord of your life." How appropriate for the lukewarm church of this day.

He also leaves with the thought for the day: "You are not going to oppose devils if you cannot master yourself, because you will soon find the devils to be bigger than yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment