Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What God is showing me lately Pt 2 - Our Relationship with God

God is showing me a lot and its hard to remember it all and put it in words, but I want to share.
God gives me little glimpses of our relationship with Him when I take a step back and view my relationship with my son. A few weeks ago, my baby boy started reaching for me. As a momma, this just melted my heart. His little hands stretched out toward me meant he needed me, he wanted me. Immediately, as if the world had stopped and nothing else mattered, all I could see was him and I immediately reached back and picked him up. His whimpers stopped and it gave me an idea of how Jesus feels about us. Jesus feels the same way when we reach for Him. He is right there to reach back and help us. And He loves it.

Another situation where God gave me a glimpse of our relationship with Him. My son is learning to crawl. He hasn't quite mastered the skill yet, but he is able to get up on his knees and rock back and forth. Yesterday, I was working him, helping him practice by getting him up on his knees and moving his legs. After a little awhile of helping him, I decided to was time for him to try on his own. I put a toy in front of him, but just out of his reach. My son reached, stretched, put both hands out in front to grab, but could not get the toy. I noticed he was trying to pull the blanket with the toy on it, he was trying to take the easy way out! Needless to say, nothing he did worked. I watched as he started to get frustrated. He whimpered, cried, and fussed. He so desperately wanted that toy! And then it hit me. God was using this situation to show me something.

We so many times in life, fuss, cry, and whimper to God about what we want. And yes, He wants to give it us, but He doesn't. He wants us to learn and grow on our own. If He handed everything to us, we would never learn anything. If I hand Caleb the toy every time, he will never learn to crawl. And as much as I want to just give him the toy to console him, I know I wouldn't be helping him in any way.

You feel me?

SO sometimes, when it feels like God isn't there or He's not answering your prayers, maybe its because He's teaching you something. Maybe you need to learn a new skill and if He hands you whatever you want, you might not learn it...

No comments:

Post a Comment