Friday, April 27, 2012

Showing signs and miracles

Been reading and studying Hebrews lately. I'm not really sure why I chose this particular book to study, but I do know I felt led to read it. Today, I read part of Hebrews 2. What stuck out to me the most was where it said that salvation was confirmed by Jesus and those who had heard and knew Him. Then, it says that "God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit..." (Hebrews 2:4).
I read the footnotes on this and it said this: "God still desires that the testimony of Jesus be confirmed, especially among believers, by signs, wonders and various miracles and not by a testimony of words only."

Interesting. I am a big fan of sharing what God has done for me, in fact, I get very excited to tell people about it. I never stopped to think that it wasn't just about my words. I mean, I know that sometimes its about those other things, but why does it only have to be sometimes that miracles happen? Why don't miracles happen as often as when I share God's awesomeness with my words?

I think I've been missing something lately. Maybe we need to see more miracles. Personally, I'd like to see more, I don't know about you....

I'll be meditating on this the rest of the day....

maybe you should too....

No comments:

Post a Comment