Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 5 - A New Faith

Oh my, where do I begin?! This devotional was goooooooooooood. I knew this devotional was going to be intense when it opened with "Paul spoke about two classes of Christians, the obedient and the disobedient." My literal thoughts were, "oh snap, here we go." Haha. I thought I was going to be challenged (and in a way I was), but God revealed a few things to me through this devotional instead. I feel like this 30 day challenge was confirmed. I knew I needed to do this challenge because I needed to build myself up before becoming a parent and part of that 'building up' was having more faith in God, knowing He heard my prayers and would not disappoint me. Wiggleworth writes: "There is a rest of faith that rests in the confidence of God. God's promises never fail. 'Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Rom. 10:17).'" This is why I wanted to do this challenge and God confirmed its purpose.

The other night at bible study (and I think I mentioned this in my earlier posts) someone mentioned asking God for big things. Her comment about praying big prayers stood out to me so much, that I just literally stared at her as I let it sink in (she must have thought I was crazy haha). The devotional for today talks about how sometimes we forget that God's supply is limitless and therefore we lose faith thinking our problems are too big for God. We need to remember Matt. 7:11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him?" The thought that God wants us and challenges us to ask for big things keeps coming up. Am I short changing God these days? If He keeps reminding me of this, I probably am.

At the end of the devotional, Wigglesworth talks about being in a desperate place, when you feel like you can't battle, when all is lost, turn to the powerful Word of God which speaks life.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment