Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 7 - The Purpose of Power

This devotional talks about speaking in tongues. I know a lot of people don't believe in it, but I do. I know a lot of people don't believe it's for today, but I do. I think it is a powerful, heavenly language.
The devotional is about Wigglesworth being baptized in the Spirit (many people believe that evidence of being baptized in the Spirit is speaking in tongues), but he wants to know why. He ends up having to cast out a demon and God reveals to Him that was why he was baptized in the Spirit.
I was 16 when I first spoke in tongues, and I have to admit, it is definitely weird. As soon as I started speaking in tongues, thoughts of doubt crept in. First of all, what was I saying? Second, am I doing it right? Third, this is too weird for me. It was almost too much of an effort to block out the thoughts of doubt, that I wanted to give up. I haven't spoken in tongues since, but it's definitely something I want to start doing again. I just feel the need for it in my life. I think more things happen when you speak in tongues, powerful things. I think it takes me to another level with God. With the way the world is today, I want to get on a higher level with God.
If you think I'm crazy for thinking tongues is for today, read Mark 16:15 - 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment