Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dreams and Earthquakes

With all the severe weather these days its no wonder I had a dream about an earthquake. I was walking home from school in Egg Harbor City (random) and I heard some neighbors outside talking about and pointing to what they thought was a demolition going on down the street. I heard one of them say, "they are getting rid of the (insert random building name I cant remember)?!" The people were upset and as I looked in the direction of where they were pointing, I could see a puff of smoke where the so called demolition was taking place. Then, I heard one of them say, "they are getting rid of the school......and the playground?!"
I spun around toward the school, which is where I was a few minutes before. I watched as it was 'demolished.' I saw the playground go down too. And I saw the puff of smoke that usually follows a demolition.
It was about a second later, after I turned back around to continue walking home that the street started to crack and split. It was at that moment I realized that there were no demolitions going on, but it was an earthquake that was causing these buildings to collapse. I immediately went into panic. Where should I go? Am I going to die?
I started running, not even sure of where I was going. Then, all of a sudden I felt an amazing peace. I started praising God. At first, I was still a little scared, but the more I sang praises, the better I felt and the less scared I became. I was okay with death and the splitting streets in front of me were not at all terrifying. I was literally 'praising God in the storm' and it made me feel awesome.
Eventually, the earthquake stopped. God told me to start clapping for Him. So as I walked down the street, I clapped. God told me to clap louder. So I did. He told me to clap louder than ever before. So, I used all my might to slap my hands together to make the loudest noise ever. I asked God why He wanted me to do this and He said it was because people would hear me clapping after this devastating earthquake and they would ask me why I was clapping. I was supposed to tell them God.
As I walked and clapped, many people stared at me and a lot of people pointed. And then........I woke up.....at least I think I did because I don't remember anything else. :)
Crazy dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment