Monday, July 18, 2011

Maybe its just me....

Ok, so here it goes, I am going to rant a little bit, but this whole thing is bothering me. Maybe I am stupid for letting it get to me, but I'm really beginning to wonder if I'm the dumb one. But what is with all the drinking these days? And no I'm not talking about water. I'm talking about red solo cuppin, can chuggin, brown baggin, let me post my drunken nights on facebook kinda drinkin. I don't get it. Don't go to church and praise God like there's no tomorrow and then post pictures via facebook of you doing keg stands and funnels off of your friends roof. Don't go to Bible study then talk about doing 15 shots for your 19th birthday. Please don't claim to be a major Jesus lover and then hit up the club because we all know you're going there to drink. Yes, I'm talking to those people who use every excuse in the book to drink one down and throw one back. I think St. Patrick is awesome, too, but I don't really think he cares how many shots you can do in his honor. C'mon people. Yes, Jesus drank, and I too, will have a drink every now and then. There is nothing wrong with it. However, I am disgusted by the 'Christians' who post pictures of their crazy drunken nights in the city. If in a majority of your pictures on facebook you have a beer in your hand, you have a problem.
The one thing that really upsets me are the under age drinkers and the parents that let their children drink. Am I wrong for thinking that that might not be the best idea?
And no, I'm not claiming to be perfect. I am guilty of this exact thing and I learned the hard way. I wish people would just see how messed up it really is. And maybe I am totally wrong for even thinking these things. Maybe I was raised way too conservatively (some people would definitely think so). I just feel like lately, the drinking has gotten way out of control, like moderation went out the window....

Ok, I am done ranting. I apologize if I have offended anyone, but I just feel strongly about this topic. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with drinking, but if your under age or have a facebook album titled "do you remember what happened last night, cause I dont," you might not want to be walking around telling people how much you love Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I have been wondering the same thing myself. Ok, I love a glass of wine or a beer from time to time, but getting drunk is where I draw the line. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to deal with some friends of mine who have been posting ridiculous drunken updates and pictures and then they turn around and sign this affirmation of faith of what they believe and how they are living their lives and they think they are just fine to be counseling kids and to be in ministry! WHAT? I'm not judging and there are definitely areas of my life that need improvement but what do we do about stuff like this? I guess we see it now more than ever because of facebook and such, but still...whether we know its going on or not, its still wrong. Its supposed to be ALL of life for the glory of God, not SOME of life for the glory of God. (and as I write that, I'm reminding myself of it as well.)

    ReplyDelete