Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Open your eyes....He's there

This past month has been crazy. Between birthdays, weddings, and other special events, we have been so busy. Unfortunately for me, when I get busy, I neglect God. I just can't seem to find time for Him, even though I know I should.
Since I have been struggling to find the time to spend with God, I have been pretty discouraged about things. It seems like when I don't spend time with Him, I can't see Him moving like I would when I am spending time with Him (if that makes any sense). But the past few days have been very uplifting and encouraging and I would like to share them with you.
Like I said, maybe its me and the lack of diligence with spending time with God that has caused me to be blind to God's presence in not only my life, but others around me. However, this past weekend I saw God and it was awesome. Where did I see Him? I saw Him at a wedding, a beautiful one at that. A wedding where God was center stage, where the two people getting married wanted it to be about Him. I have to wonder if there were people there that couldn't see Him. And I wonder if there were people there that noticed the 'different' kind of love between the bride and groom.
There is a 'different' kind of love, ya know. Its a different love from what the world knows as love. I didn't realize the difference myself until I was older. There is a difference between what the world knows as love and a Godly love between two people. Its a love so greater than the human mind can understand. A love, that if you didn't love God, you couldn't even begin to comprehend. That Godly love was what I saw at this wedding and it was awesome.
Where there is a Godly love, there is God. God was at that wedding. I could feel His presence. It was awesome. And it was so kool to see two people acknowledge God the way they did on their wedding day. What an encouragement. What a blessing to be a part of that. What an uplifting day. It was incredible.
Coming off of such a spiritual high on Sunday, it was hard to face Monday morning. Getting back into the grind is never easy, especially after having such a great time the day before. I was a little sad and part of me wondered where God was on Monday. Why would He allow me to experience such an incredible spiritual high and then leave me the next day. Well, obviously, He wouldn't. My husband took off Monday and we spent the day taking walks, playing with our son, and eating pizza and ice cream. We even went to Smithville village which is a big deal because I always ask my husband to go, but he refuses. It was a great day and it reminded me of how blessed I truly was.
Fast forward to Tuesday night. Sometimes bible study, is just bible study. Sometimes I get distracted because of the baby. Sometimes I just can't concentrate and I get lost in my thoughts thinking about what I need to do before bed. Last night was not like that at all though. We prayed for the new group we started at church called re:define. It was so awesome to hear people pray for this new mission that me and husband were a part of. The prayers that were prayed were incredible, awesome, encouraging, and so uplifting. That spiritual high was back and it was awesome. I felt rejuvenated, refreshed, and I felt like God was apparent to me. There's nothing better than that.
After writing all that, I have to wonder something. Will God find us and reveal Himself, even if we aren't looking? Or is He always there, its just a matter of us opening our eyes and paying attention.
I would say He's always there, just waiting for us to see Him. Coming to this conclusion has encouraged me to open my eyes a little wider today.

No comments:

Post a Comment