Monday, September 26, 2011

Shutting my pie hole

One thing that drives me ABSOLUTELY nuts are those Christians who swear God has nothing but good things to say to them. As if God NEVER points out their faults or challenges them. People get real. No one is perfect, and I have a hard time believing you if you are going to sit here and try and convince me God doesn't reveal some 'truths' to you. Ever hear of the quote "the truth hurts?"
I have no doubt God loves you, but I have to question who you're hearing if He never has anything bad to say or reveals something that's not so nice. In fact, I would say that you AREN'T hearing from God if every now and then you don't hear something you don't like. How do I know this? Because God tells me things I don't like all the time! LOL Yes, I am open to whatever God has to tell me...or reveal to me. And a lot of the time, it sucks. It hurts, but I consider myself lucky that God would take the time to reveal it to me and allow me to realize what I need to fix. It's constructive criticism and if we are going to grow...we need of it every now and then.
Of course I wouldn't write all this without actually going somewhere with it so here is what God revealed to me today. :)
I am far from perfect, keep that in mind (thats why I mention it at the top of my blog in my summary...because people tend to forget). Anyhoo, lately I have been letting my mouth run like a constant faucet. No, I don't curse like a truck driver, but I have been just letting whatever is in my mind, spew out my mouth without a second thought. I wasn't always like that...its just been recently. I don't know why all of sudden I stopped controlling my mouth...I guess it started small and grew too much.
I can't sit here and figure out where it started or how, but I can tell you the verse God revealed to me today that stung a little:

"Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark." James 3:5 (NIV)

Thats pretty self explanatory, right?!

My peeps, be opened to whatever God wants to reveal to you. Yes, it may sting a little, but God will follow it up by reminding you He loves you over and over. So its all good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment