Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Genesis - CHECK!

So I finished up reading Genesis last night. I have found time to read before bed. I feed the baby and John rocks him to sleep. While John is doing that and I'm waiting for him to come back to bed, I read. It has actually worked out well for me this way. I enjoy the quiet time and I like lying in bed and reading. Sometimes, John will get back to bed before I'm done reading and I find myself using a flashlight to finish reading. I know it might seem corny, but it makes me feel like a kid again. I love the flashlight! Sometimes, when I'm done reading, I pretend to write my name on the ceiling with the light. Of course, this drives John crazy as he is trying to sleep. LOL
ANYWAY, last night after I finished reading, I laid down and tried to think about the book of Genesis. I tried to do a little recap in my head of what I read. In all honesty, there's a lot to remember! I had a hard time remembering every detail like I wanted to. For the most part, I remembered the main theme of each story, but even that was a lot.
What's funny is that I always thought I'd run out of things to read in such a small book. Like, by the time I turned 50, God couldn't give me any more revelations through His word, I would know it all but then. But after finishing Genesis last night, I realized that there's so much jam packed into one book of the Bible (or one chapter for that matter), that I could read through the Bible 1290890324 times and still not know it all and God could STILL give me a revelation about something. It's so amazing....

No comments:

Post a Comment