Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lucky For Me.....

Caleb is STILL sleeping. I took the opportunity to read the Bible. Instead of continuing where I left off (i've been reading through the entire Bible), I decided to ask God for a specific word. I've been pretty overwhelmed with the thought of moving and fixing up the condo and worrying about Caleb and making sure he's getting enough to eat that I broke down today. I cried out to God and ask Him why everything is being so stressful lately.
God continually reminds me to be anxious for nothing and I try so hard to not be anxious, but it doesn't always work. Then, God led me to these verse:
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synogues and on the street corners to be seen by men, I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for our Father knows what you need before you ask him. This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we have also forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one.' - Matthew 6:5-14

This was another thing God showed me right on the next page: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink: or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air: they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more cloth you, O you of little faith?So do not worry saying, 'What shall we eat? or what shall we drink? or what shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things. and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough tourble of its own." - Matthew 6:25-34

I feel like God heard my cry and gave me these. I feel a lot better now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment