Friday, June 3, 2011

Reading, Reading, Reading

So I have been pretty diligent with my reading (can you tell I am proud of myself?). In the beginning of each book of the Bible, they give you the amount of chapters you should read for that day to read the Bible in a year and most of the time, I read more than what is allotted for the given day (go me, lol). I just find so much of it interesting now that I know what is going on. Its awesome.
Anyway, so last night I read about Jacob and Esau. Pretty kool stuff. I have to hand it to Jacob, he was pretty smart taking the birth right and the blessing. I would have done the same if I were him lol. He got all the goods. Although, he did have to work hard for Rachel. And then after working for Rachel's father for seven years, he had to work another seven because he tricked Jacob into marrying the oldest, uglier, daughter Leah (poor Leah). I'm just sayin, if I was Jacob, I would quit and find someone else LOL. No man (or woman in his case) would be worth it.
Anyhoo, I find the story REALLY interesting when Leah and Rachel battle it out by trying to have the most kids LOL. Poor Rachel can't have kids, but Leah has a slew of boys (I think like 6 or 7 over all). Rachel gives Jacob her maidservant to have kids for her and the maidservant has a few boys too. Then, Leah freaks out and gives Jacob her maidservant too. Then, Leah's maidservant has some boys. Rachel still freaks out and prays really hard and finally conceives. She has Joseph, who is extra special to Jacob because he was Rachel's son.
After all is said and done, Jacob has mad sons. I say this to my husband and he goes, 'yeah, well duh.' I didn't get this far yet, but I know that God refers to Jacob as Israel, so his sons must be the 12 tribes.
Way kool stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment