Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 10 - Remember God's Goodness

My husband has a bible study at our house every Tuesday night. He teaches on whatever he feels like God is telling him to teach. A few weeks ago, he talked about how we should write down the things God does for us so we don't forget. I'll be honest, that might be one of the few things I am good at. I get very excited when God moves in a big and mighty way in my life. I'll usually write it down in my journal or blog about it. However, I don't ever write down the little things God does on a daily basis. In fact, sometimes I think I miss them because I am so preoccupied with everything going on around me. That makes me feel bad. I don't deserve any of the blessings God gives me, yet I am too busy to even notice some of them.
Wigglesworth talks about all the awesome things God did for the Israelites, yet they seem to forget when they were in the wilderness. He also talks about the disciples, how they doubted Jesus even though he fed 1000s with a few fish and bread.
Sometimes I feel like I am like the disciples or Israelites. God does these amazing things in my life and proves Himself time and time again, yet only a short time later, I'm back to doubting Him. It's hard because there are times I want to believe, but I feel like I just can't.
For example, last night I was sitting on the couch watching a movie. My back was killing me and I was getting annoyed that I couldn't get comfortable. I decided to pray, but before I even began, I was defeated. I was afraid my prayers wouldn't work or God would disappoint me. However, I figured I had nothing to lose, so I prayed honestly to God. I told God I wanted to believe He could heal my back, but I was afraid He would disappoint me and that I would still be in pain. I told Him, I wasn't so sure my prayers would work, even though I knew He could do anything. Well, I guess God must have had pity on me because almost immediately my back felt better.
Yes, we do need faith. However, I think God appreciates our honesty. If you struggle with something, be honest with God (He already knows whats up anyway). I have found that anytime I was honest with God, He still moved on my behalf.

Thought for the Day: What can you do to remember God's goodness?

No comments:

Post a Comment