Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 15 - The New Covenant

Half way done...wow. I don't feel like I learned as much as I would have liked, but then again, what did I expect to learn in just 30 measly days? The entire Bible?
God continues to be awesome through all of this, even though I haven't done the best job with it. He continues to reveal things to me even though I don't take the time to listen like I should. In this devotion, Wigglesworth reminds us of the precious new covenant God sends when He sends His son to die on the cross. He compares it to Moses coming down from Mount Sinai and how the Israelites couldn't even look at his face because it was so glorious after seeing God. How much more awesome do you think it was to see Jesus come from heaven and give new life?
The best part is that the old law is now broken because of Jesus. I imagine that if I had to sacrifice a lamb every time I sinned, there wouldn't be any more lambs on earth for me to sacrifice after about a week (slight exaggeration of course, but still)! When I think about the old law, I don't think I could have lived under it. Too many rules and crazy ones at that. I thank God He sent His son to die for us so I could have life abundant in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment