Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why is it that....??

I can't remember exactly who I was talking to, but I've heard this comment several times in the past few weeks and it really got to me. It's something I always knew to be true and have thought about frequently, but lately more and more people are pointing it out and there's something to be said about it.
We all know miracles happen. If you work in the medical field, I'm sure you've seen a few. If you've had kids, I'm sure you've seen some. But we don't see miracles all the time. In fact, I think it's safe to say they are few and far between. But why is it that when we talk of miracles today, they usually take place in foreign countries? Do you find that to be the case? It just seems like when we hear about miracles, they happen in third world countries where you would never expect miracles to happen. Is it because they are desperate that they have nothing to rely on but God? Is it because we, as Americans, are too comfortable in our life styles that we don't need to depend on God because we can depend on doctors, medicine, or buy whatever it is we need to help ourselves? I am very curious as to why that is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment