Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 9 - My Own Remarkable Healing

Wigglesworth had appendicitis. It had gotten so bad that the doctors said there was nothing they could do for him. Basically, he was to stay at home and wait to die. However, Wigglesworth did not believe it was his time to go. He called on a fellow minister to come pray for him. The man came and prayed for the evil spirit of sickness to leave him. Wigglesworth thought this was weird because he didn't believe there was an evil spirit of sickness him. However, when the man prayed that prayer, Wigglesworth instantly felt better. He got up out of bed and went to work! Haha!
One small passage of this devotional stands out: "Some have never tasted the grace of God, have never had the peace of God. Unbelief robs them of these blessings."
It's funny because I was listening to a song and one part goes, "I find my rest in your faithfulness.." This part stuck out so much (even though I've heard the song 1000 times before) because it is so awesome to know we can rest in God's peace. We do not have to worry or be afraid. God is in control. Sometimes reminding myself of that makes such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment