Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 27 - The Blessing of Persecution

Were you the type of person to get 'saved' every Sunday? If you're like me, you were. I was THAT kid. Every Sunday, I was getting 'saved.' I knew I messed up during the week and I felt that I needed to be 'saved' every Sunday. I would get frustrated (as would anyone) because I couldn't keep my slate clean during the week. Sometimes I made simple mistakes, other times, I made big ones. Either way, every Sunday, I was praying to be saved again. I just thought it was what I needed to do. I had a hard time believing I'd make it to heaven since I kept sinning during the week and my slate wouldn't be cleaned until Sunday. Oh, how naive!
I always enjoyed Sunday morning services. I felt uplifted and 'saved.' I got to start fresh and things were good. It wasn't soon after though(whether it be Sunday night or Monday) that I would add a few sins to the slate. I always felt that I couldn't make it a week unless I lived in the Holy Spirit constantly. But how in the world did I do that? I would have to live at the alter in church if that were the case! LOL
Wigglesworth talks about how as soon as we are filled with the Spirit we are a target for the devil. Satan does not want us to be filled and will do anything to get us to sin and to take our focus off of God. That's what was happening to be every Sunday. I would be filled with the Spirit, have a good few hours, and then fall off track. When you are filled with the Spirit, you can expect persecution from Satan, people (including family and friends), and pretty much anything Satan can use to throw you off.
One thing Wigglesworth says at the end is: "If you remain stationary, the devil and his agents will not disturb you much. But when you press on and go the whole length with God, the enemy has you as a target. But God will vindicate you in the midst of the whole thing."

I really believe when there's no drama in our lives that we have become stationary.....

No comments:

Post a Comment