Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 13 - How to Obtain Spiritual Power

I have to share a story with you before I talk about the days devotional. Earlier this week God gave me a word. It was found in Ephesians 6. God actually gave me the word several weeks ago, but I never followed up on where it was found or what it meant, but God knew what He was doing, even though I failed to respond immediately. Anyway, God reminded me of this word he gave me. It's no coincidence that earlier this week I realized how much fear had taken over my life. The verses God gave me talked about the spiritual battles we fight every day and how to overcome them (i.e. by using God's Word, prayer, etc.). It is no surprise to me that the sermon that was preached on Sunday morning, was the exact verses God gave me! It was like a personal mini lesson God gave directly to me! The pastor broke down each verse and explained it. How awesome is that?! God is good!

Just had to share that.


In the devotional for Day 13, Wigglesworth talks about following Jesus on the 'straight and narrow.' It's not easy, after all, if it were, everyone would do it. We need to give ourselves completely over to God. I find this difficult at times because I get easily distracted by things of this world. Wigglesworth talks about the importance of staying focused so we can stay faithful. I feel it is in our human nature to get distracted and it take the easy way out, but Wigglesworth claims that if we take the easy way out, we cannot be followers of Jesus Christ. Definitely gives me a lot to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment