Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 25 - Life In The Word

I didn't blog yesterday mainly because I had the worst day ever. Ok, so maybe I was feeling a little sorry for myself, but I totally broke down and cried for a good 10 minutes. I am so sick of being pregnant. The aches, the pains, the awful hormones, the waiting; I just wanted to be done. Sometimes I just wish I could take my stomach off for a second and put it down to get a break, but it unfortunately doesn't work that way. I did everything I could to make it better, but nothing helped. I got to the point where I just wanted to be alone to cry for a bit and I have to admit, it helped a little. I knew the best thing for me was to pray or read the Word, but honestly, it was the last thing I wanted to do. I did not want to praise God in the midst of my storm. Part of me was frustrated with Him. Why couldn't He make this baby come faster? I did eventually settle down and my night was better than my day...thank God.
I was upset with God (yeah, I know its not right, but I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't) so I didn't read my devotional until I went to bed last night. Part of me felt guilty for waiting so long to do it, but part of me was glad I did. I was able to focus more of my attention on it as opposed to just reading it to get through it.
Wigglesworth makes a great point about living a life in the Word. I have to admit, I truly struggle with reading. I don't like it. It's not something I usually find enjoyable. Some people could read all day. I am not one of those people. I usually get bored with reading or I skip around to find out what happens because I get impatient. All in all, I am not a reader. Unfortunately, same goes for reading my Bible. I could praise, worship, and pray all day, but reading my Bible is a different story. I think you get the idea.
Anyway, Wigglesworth says this, which really strikes a cord: I find nothing in the Bible but holiness; and nothing in the world, but worldliness. Therefore, if I live in the world, I will become worldly; on the other hand, if I live in the Bible, I will become holy.
He emphasizes reading the Word every chance we get to remain holy and to maintain our relationship with God.
After reading this devotion I feel I have more motivation to read my Bible, simply because Wigglesworth makes a good point. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment